Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Out and About In Africa



From Jason….
I have just completed the field work for a project in Ethiopia. I joined a team of engineers from Engineering Ministries International that is consulting for Joy of Heaven, which is a non-profit directed by a Canadian-Ethiopian pastor. 

We had a great week of hiking the countryside to study the geology and seeking locations for potential water supply.  In this one week I have probably hiked 15 miles.  As you can see, the people enjoyed watching me do my work.
We will be providing a report that includes recommendations on school design, water distribution, water quality improvement, waste water planning, agricultural recommendations, etc. 
The Ethiopian people are so friendly and inviting despite living in such challenging conditions.   We sure are blessed in the U.S.!

No comments:

Post a Comment