Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Simplest Things

     Sometimes it is the simplest of things that remind us of home…Michigan, I mean.   This afternoon as I was working on the computer next to the open window.  And what to my wondering ears did I hear?  The sound of a lawn mower cutting grass near!   Yep, that's right.  Lawn mowers are quite rare here.  Generally there isn't enough grass anywhere to warrant using one.  Most grass is simple hacked down with a weed whipper.  I sat and listened to the mower for a few long moments and was reminded of summers back home.  Sigh.  A few moments later Jason entered the room.  I told him to stand by the window, close his eyes, and listen.  He said "I hear a lawn mower.  Makes me thing of summer back home."  :)

2 comments:

  1. Funny how something that we so take for granted here, and maybe even complain about became this wonderful memory and reminder of "home". I find I do miss mowing now that I am in a condo and don't do any of the mowing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Ha! Yeah, I wouldn't say we miss the act of mowing, just the sound of it!

    ReplyDelete